Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm over the Rainbow

Well, as promised when I finished my cowl & toque, I've got an update on my blanket.

It's been a long process getting this thing just right.

I finally realized I didn't like the whole "lots of squares" idea... Realized it when I was doing this blanket for my daughter actually. I hate weaving in all the ends and I hate having to join them. With that, I knew I had to change this up if I was really going to create something I was going to love in the end.

So, I looked at the squares I had finished...

And decided on which I liked best of all....

And decided to make one HUGE square of it instead:

Now, this I am Loving.

My plan is to make four squares using this pattern. Two like this, and then two with the colours reversed so that the different colours get used at a similar rate. Then I'll join them all together (joining four squares won't kill me) and then decide on a border dependent on what yarn I have left!

I am absolutely itching to hook the next square for this blanket, so toodles! This weekend will be the how-to-fold-a-starghan post :) 

Make sure you click over to Tami's AmisCrooked Yarn and Ambassador Crochet to see what everyone is WIPing up!!!!! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I must say, as much as I love squares because they look gorgeous...they are a pain because of all the weaving in ends and joining many more up...so you definitely have the right idea going here with your squares..

    I like how you are going to do two one way and two another, I can imagine it in my head...Just cant wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a very clever solution, I love it! I have wool set aside to make a blanket but I too dread the small squares, the weaving, the joining, etc. What a great idea you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmy, that is gorgeous, Claire! I love the idea of making much larger squares and varying the color sequence; different, yet the same.

    I'm not sure why the code doesn't work for you in a blog post. If it works to include it on your sidebar, it should work here ... puzzling. But yes, a text link is perfectly fine - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm a sucker for rainbows :)

    I can't wait to see the four big squares together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)