Sunday, February 13, 2011

Useful Information for Crocheting

Thought it would be nice to share some of the information I have gathered over the past couple of years that make crocheting so much easier for me.


HOOK CONVERSION CHART


YARN WEIGHT CHART (with recommended gauge and hook sizes... knitting recommendations too!)


STANDARD BLANKET SIZES (about 1/2 way down, listed in bold print)


STANDARD HAT SIZES (OR use the PI method. For example, my head is 23 inches around. 23/3.14=7.23. Therefore, I need to continue the increases in my pattern until I have a circle with an approx. diameter of 7.25", at which point I stop increasing to form the hat.)


BASIC CROCHET STITCHES (very comprehensive, step-by-step visuals)


Well, I think that's about it. Hope somebody out there finds these as useful as I have!


~Claire~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)