Friday, January 20, 2012

Whirlwind

Whirlwind- the perfect word to describe my life over the past two months!

Whew! I sure have missed reading everyone's blogs, leaving comments, participating in this great community that the internet creates! I have done so little crafting and crocheting since my family decided to make the "big move to the small space", and I am anxious to get back into the saddle again!

Over Xmas I only made TWO handmade gifts! I didn't even take pictures when I finished! At any rate, at least it was something rather than nothing! I made two hot pads using this pattern from Ravelry for my mother-in-law, and a simple ear warmer for my daughter using no pattern at all :)

Even though I didn't physically make much, I did find this incredible item at a second hand store that I could not pass up (especially when it was only $0.50!!! ):


I found an old school, 1972, crochet starter kit for my daughter. It is mint, never used, and fully intact!!! She has been wanting to learn to crochet, and I have been trying to teach her, for the better part of a year, but her dexterity just isn't quite developed enough to do the stitches while holding her work. I still have to sit beside her and feed the yarn onto the hook for her while she uses this "starter", but it is a GREAT beginning, and so much further than I could have expected her to be at only six years old! Just look at what she accomplished in her very first afternoon of hooking:


A proud Mama I am of that big girl! And of my little monkey too- who gave us all an early Xmas present and started walking on December 21st! It was a long time in the making, but with a little encouraging/ dangling of the proverbial carrot (which, in actuality, was spoonfuls of mango!) she was finally successful!

Next thing to occupy my hooks and hands will be this assortment of threads and elastics for some more headbands:


After which I will be starting Hubby's "Ugly Blanket" using all the scraps of yarn I've accumulated in the past couple of years.

Non-crochet projects will also be in the works as I start planning and plotting birthday party ideas for my daughters- #'s 1 and 7! As well as a lot of time getting ready to make another move, this time to Alberta, Canada!

I'm off now to go catch up on all my regular reads, leave some comments and catch up with all I've missed. Thank you so much for stopping by!

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)