Friday, October 14, 2011

Over the Rainbow WIP Update

So, I've been trucking along on this blanket for what seems like forever. This is only my second "full" sized blanket... in that it's larger than a baby blanket anyways :)

 First square was finished....

The second square followed suit... only in reverse...

Finally the two were joined together...

Whew! It took a little finangling to figure out how to join the squares. I have no desire to whip stitch, so I had to figure out a way to crochet them together. I tried the method that Lucy from Attic 24 uses, but I just didn't like the look of it for this blanket :( Instead I did a join-as-you-go method, slip stitching one stitch together, and then doing the DC on the row I was finishing. Sounds complicated, but it went very fast, and ends up creating this almost wavy/frilly join that's not as "stand-upish" as sc the inside loops together.


I've made quite a bit of progress on this. Almost done in fact :) Can't wait to get the last couple of rows done and finally be able to snuggle up under it.

Unfortunately, this is the only hooky I get to do for now, and then everything will get packed up until this:



is finished. Cross your fingers it's soon :) You know how it can get without our yarn and hooky :) On that same note, posting here will probably be extremely sporadic. I'll be stopping by all the regular linky parties and perusing what you are all doing though, so keep hooking and needling and fibering away, I will live vicasriously through your projects until everything gets finished and my family gets settled in our new locale!!

Until then, enjoy these gratuitous pictures of hooky goodness :)







 PS If you have a minute, pop over to my actual blog (if you are reading by subscription anyways) and tell me what you think of the new look. I've gone through many different headers and backgrounds here, and I think I've finally created "the" look I've been after... the photo is of a rainbow that was just outside my kitchen window to boot :) :) :)

Take care-
post signature

10 comments:

  1. I love your new blog header! Looks fab.
    Gorgeous rainbow blanket, too!

    Have a great weekend.
    Xx
    PS giveaway over at mine if you fancy it!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!!
    Hi!!
    Hello!!

    que colores tan románticos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, that's pretty impressive with the different squares coming together.

    Your header looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your rainbow squares :) Seeing them made me start doing small ones for my rainbow blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that everyone is lovin the rainbows too. Just lookin at them makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. o-m-g, i love those rainbow squares! anything rainbow is delish!!! :)

    thanks for the nice comment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know more about that bus you are redoing please!
    When I was a kid we had a purple bus that my dad made into a camper for us. It was the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Stephanni- I may have a slight {okay, really huge} love for rainbows! :)

    Marsha, I will certainly do a post or two on our conversion! It's quite the Project :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors! I have wanted to try the join as you go. I am not a fan of the whip stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never whip stitched anything. I always find a way to crochet it all together!! Join as you go is the easiest I've found so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)