So, for the past few nights I have been quite productive!
I have a total of three squares, in varying states of progress, for my blanket:
Top left is a plain, old granny. Top right is the Yarn Clouds Square. Bottom is square 15 from the book 63 Easy-to-Crochet Stitches by Darla Sims. I'm torn with what to do with these squares. For some reason I had this thought in my head that 12 inch squares have the same number of stitches in the final row. I couldn't be more wrong, and I knew this was the case, but I had a momentary lack of intelligence! I don't know what I am going to do now to get them to "fit" together, or if I should start again, but make sure to pick ones that all end with the same number of stitches...
Onward and forthward....
I've ventured out of my comfort zone of blankets and toques some more, and decided to make Small Child a pair of slippers. This the first base for a pair of slippers done for Small Child, using a pattern from Red Heart Creature Comforts:
I am using I used the largest "children's" size in the pattern, plus a 5mm instead of the 4mm hook called for and still her big foot is too wide to fit on that sole properly! I am worried that making the smallest adult size will be too long in order to get a proper width, so I am going to experiment with widening the sole at the ball of the foot, and see what happens.
I also decided to work on a one-piece, no-joining toque with ear flaps for the baby, and made a mock-up that worked surprisingly well:
I will definitely be working on this in the future, and will have modeled pics as soon as said model is not being a grumpy little meat sack!!!
Last, but not least, are the potholders, which are still being tweaked, seen below with an extra round and no loop, awaiting a back to be stitch on: