Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trying new things!

I actually managed to follow through with a plan and I made the Bean Bags I referenced in this other post.

In case you don't want to go back and check the post, at least go check out Tangled Happy where I got the pattern from by clicking HERE!

They turned out much smaller than I expected. I had been thinking a handful worth of bean bag, something with a lot more substance. They turned out being about 2.5" in width. Most likely because I used a light weight yarn. And because of my awesome judgement, I literally just grabbed the first two balls of yarn out of my stash, so they have a "unique" colour combination:

{excuse the poor photo quality, this was happening at 1 or 2 in the morning!}

Overall, I am happy with them, and their small size is good for small hands, so it all worked out in the end:)

I also whipped up a banner too (using the Cricut that my sister got me.) Worked a dream, even though it was my very, very first time doing something on the cutter. I was also using supplies I did not have duplicates of, which made me very nervous, and I therefore ran everything through on test cuts first using regular computer paper! I think it turned out very nicely for a first project:



A hidden bonus to cutting with a machine like a cricut is that you also end up with a nice negative of whatever you are creating. In my case, the birthday girl also received a very sparkly name banner:


And in my world, something that sparkly is always awesome:)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Those bean bags are cool, the colors you used make them fun. And I like the banners you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire:) I wasn't sure about the colours of the beanbags, but I think in the end, it makes them a little "extraordinary":) The banners are fun, and very, very addicting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)