Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A to Z Wrap-up

Golly, lesson learned:

PLAN AHEAD NEXT YEAR!

SO many awesome blogs out there, most of which I never would have come across if it wasn't for this!!

Thank you so very, very much to the hosts:

Arlee Bird: Tossing It Out 
Jeffrey Beesler: World of the Scribe 
Alex J. Cavanaugh: Alex J. Cavanaugh 
Jen Daiker's: Unedited
Candace Ganger: The Misadventures in Candyland 
Karen J Gowen: Coming Down the Mountain 
Talli Roland: Talli Roland 
Stephen Tremp: Breakthrough Blogs 

I "met" a ton of great people. SO many awesome blogs out there, most of which I never would have come across if it wasn't for this. A lot of them are authors/illustrators, a few are photographers, there's some who just want to be heard, crafters, moms and dads... really, a HUGE variety of incredible people.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the two awesome people who stopped by and gave me awards:



This was certainly a challenge for me. I still feel "new" to the blogging world, and certainly have never tried to blog consistently. It pushed me to be creative, to think fast, to go out and say hello to people in places I never would have come across on my own. 

Next year, I would love doing this again, with certain goals in mind. First, I'd really like to post more content, and not so many half-humorous filler pieces. Secondly, I think I would like to have my posts thought out, research and fully written before April, and set to post on a schedule as it would ave a ton of stress. Third, and most importantly, I'd like to visit more of the other participants. I think I got around to a couple dozen this year, but when there's nearly 1300, it's just not enough!!

I hope everyone else enjoyed the Challenge as much as I did. I look forward to seeing everyone (and more) next year! 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading all of your A-Z posts...and they really were humorous (and creative!). It's nice to have something to read when I am on here late at night with my babe or when I can't sleep because I am an insomniac sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I've gotten into the habit of scheduling my posts (or starting them at a reasonable time, and then finishing them at dark thirty) so people don't see the times I actually come up with this stuff... otherwise they'll soon realize I'm only funny between the hours of 2 and 4am :)

    Gotta say, my daily caffeine fix is the only thing keeping me going anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten a bit behind here -- well, maybe way behind--but I still wanted to stop by to thank you for your participation in the A to Z Challenge of 2011. It was a great event thanks to the wonderful bloggers like you. Keep up the good work!

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)