Thursday, April 21, 2011

A to Z blog Challenge... "Q"

Q is for QUESTIONS and QUIZZES.

I love questionnaires and quizzes. Yes, I am weird. It's not so much the act of answering the q&q's that I like, but it's the potential of learning something in an enjoyable way. It is probable that this stems from me being a "random facts" junky.

I have no less than a half dozen "fact" or "quiz" books in my house. EVERY single one has been used or read. Then I put them away in some dark corner and forget about them... and then when I find them 6 months or a year later, they are all brand new, because really, although the facts are interesting, there's no way I am going to remember the thousands of them I feed myself.

Also, they are one of the only books I do keep around. There are VERY few other books (other than those for the kiddos) in my house.

So, if anyone stops by to read this post... I have a question for you...

What is YOUR favourite type of book???


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Quizzes are fun, nice topic for a Q post. My favorite type of book is a novel with engaging characters that draw me into the story and cause me to not want to put the book down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love novels with true, honest characters too- you know, the type where you really *feel* with them! SO hard to find though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out Goodreads.com it's a social network for readers. I mostly use it to keep track of what I've read (and want to read) but it's nice to see what books my friends like. Between friends' books and browsing that site I've got a nice long to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a cute blog! I love the peeps on your previous post! Very cute (and yummy)! I'm sharing the Stylish Blogger Award with you! Just stop by my blog to pick it up! http://cupecrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also LOVE to read...my new favourite author is Elin Hilderbrand...she writes fiction novels that are all situated in Nantucket (which kind of gives you a little beach holiday in your head :) Mostly I read chick lit stuff by authors like Emily Giffin and Sophia Kinsella because they are kind of mindless easy reads, but I also love reading magazines (all kinds), crafting books, and really just about anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)