Monday, April 18, 2011

A to Z blog Challenge... "O"

O is for OVERLAY CROCHET.

I was searching for rainbows and came across this from Craftster.

Which, in turn, led me to do a google search of "overlay crochet"... because that's the only way I know how to find information anymore:)

I had NEVER heard of this before. It is VERY interesting. Totally beyond my talent level, so I won't be trying it any time soon, but I thought it was interesting enough to share.

Here are some examples I dug out of google...


As far as I can tell, this is a relatively new form of crochet... seems like the 2000's is about where it starts... It looks like it has a lot of potential for those with a LOT of patience. I am kinda looking forward to where this goes in the future, seeing as there has been very little in way of advancements made in crochet in the hundreds of years it's been in existence!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thats some really cool crochet stuff!! I saw you following me and decided to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the overlay pics you found. Makes me want to pick up my hook. Thanks for stopping my my blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! I've not heard of it, either. Looks interesting. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)