Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A to Z blog Challenge... "E"

E is for Easter




    2010








Every year, we boil and dye eggs for Easter. Hell, sometimes we do it just for fun too! You can use whatever dye you want, right from cheap Clubhouse to expensive Wilton, but under NO circumstances, skip the vinegar. The vinegar not only helps brighten the dye colours, but the acid eats away at the calcium in the shell, basically dissolving it, and therefore letting the dye transfer to the inside of the egg!! Crackling the shell before you put them in the dye bath always helps too :)

 
These little guys are so much fun- very hard to paint on tiny fingernails attached to a wiggly five-year-old. This is definitely something we will continue to do each year along with the egg dyeing.

This year, I am also going to do some Easter crocheting. I want to make a toque with bunny ears for Small Child. As well, I want to make this "Bunny Boo" from Roxycraft: 
(the pattern can be found HERE.)

Actually, I want to make a few, and experiment to see if I can create a "hinged" version so I can stuff it full of treats for Small Child. I've got a couple ideas floating around as to how I could make it work, all I need is the time to do it... which is right now while I watch Idol :)
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)