Monday, April 4, 2011

A to Z blog Challenge... "C"

Today's post is brought to you by Claire's Attention Deficit Disorder. Not that I actually have ADD, and not that it is something to make fun of - my hubby actually does have ADD, which was diagnosed back before it was the "in" thing, so it's the real deal, and I know how much of a joke it is NOT.

C is for Claire. Hi, I am Claire. I am a mash-up of silly, quirky, sarcastic, and humorous. Well, at least in blogland I try to make sure that's the way I come across. In real life I am actually quite quiet and introverted until I get warmed up to you, and the watch out, because all hell could break loose at any time.

C is for Crafty. As you can tell from my blog title, I like getting my craft on. I like crocheting, paper crafts like making cards and scrapbooking, doing stuff with my kiddo, and every once in a while, something a little different.










C is for Cooking. I really wished I knew how. I took three years of cooking class in high school, but sadly, it really didn't teach me anything beyond what I already knew. I think the majority of the problem is my inability to follow a recipe. The first step in recovering is admitting you have a problem, right? Right!





C is for Chocolate and Candy. Some people like the salty snacks, some people like the sweet. I am definitely a sweet lover. Actually, given how much of it that I eat, it's really surprising that I am not a very rotund person. In case you think I am exaggerating, I will give you an example. The day before yesterday I ate an entire bag of Liquorice All Sorts and a bag of those new Jolly Rancher Awesome Twosomes... I shared 2 pieces out of 2 BAGS, albeit the small ones, and ate the rest. Also, since I was in highschool, have, on occasion, eaten pudding and Oreos for breakfast and called it "the breakfast of champions." And I will eat 2 full size chocolate bars back to back. It's really kind of disgusting and appalling when I really think about it.



C is for Children. Of which I have 2. The most amazing, wonderful girls in the world. Okay, truthfully this one is a drama queen, and this one screams a lot. I love them none the less.




C is for Cash. He is a BIG pain in my ass. He is lucky that Small Child and Hubs love him so much, and that I need him around to be that "presence" so no one messes with my family. I call him Cashew because he really is just a big nut. Oh, and he likes hiding under things (I guess it's because dogs naturally want to tunnel into the ground and have a "den"?), as in he will get underneath the CRIB. Oh, yes, a great Dane can squeeze his way to lay under a crib. It would be funny to you, but me? No, because I am the one that has to try and get him out!

C is also for:
Cookies- Simple Pleasures Creme Brulee
Craisins- yummy
Cashews- my favourite nut
Coke- which I am enjoying after a long time of only drinking Pepsi
Crayons- of which I have more than Small Child
C- vitamin C that is, which is the only thing I will take to get over a cold
Chicken Curry- my favourite Indian food

and that is all, because I just realized that five of the previous items are food, and that realization made me hungry so I am going to go eat now!

(PS If you read my original post on this A to Z thingy, it was partially because I want to hone my writing skills a little.... Um, that is so far being a spectacular failure, and for that I apologize. I will try to write something witty and "proper" here eventually. Give me a couple days to warm up to this blogging every day thing, and we'll see how it comes along.)

(PS again... I am really enjoying the diversity of the bloggers who signed up for this... as of right now there's almost 1300 people involved! Awesome!!)

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love your post today. What a great way to get to know our fellow A to Z-ers! I have the sweet thing in common with you. Not good now that I have developed diabetes, but I still have to indulge some. Never heard of those Jolly Rancher things--I'll have to be on the lookout for them.

    Happy blogging!


    Contrary to my usual practice of subscribing to comments, to save time during the challenge I will not be doing so at the moment. If you want to respond to my comment , please email me directly from your email notification for the comment.
    Thanks. And I truly appreciate your efforts.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned (finally) when following a recipe to read all the way to the bottom before I start. It often seems like there's crucial information (like this will take an hour to bake!) that I really should know before I start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Creative Blog Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle- SO true. Me, I tend to think I have items in the house, so I start a recipe only to realize that I don[t have eggs, or someone drank too much milk and now I don't have enough for the recipe!!! By the way, do you have a blog? I tried to follow your profile back, but you don't have it enabled so I have no idea how to find you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice list of C words and they make you CRAVE:)for yummy food!

    sema
    Expressive Impressive
    Visiting from A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you C lady, eating chocolate while taking care of kids who want to learn to cook.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Yours is the first blog I have visited from the Challenge. Honestly, you might be the only one I even make it to. It seems that I love all the things you do, pretty much, except that wine is #1, and I do not like dogs, yet two sleep in my house every night. Good luck with this every day thing; I don't know how I will ever make it thru!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, So many wonderful things begin with "C" - including you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)