Saturday, April 30, 2011

Not Quite a Square a Day in May

Inspired by the A Square a Day in May  challenge hosted by Melissa over at Hooked on Handmade, and given my recent success at posting every{ahem, thank you back-posting...}day in April, I've decided to participate in a slightly-modified way.

The challenge you ask?

Crochet Every Day in May.

I spend way too much dreaming and imagining and bookmarking and pondering all the wonderful things I see out in Crochet-Blog Land, that I never give myself the time to actual hook any of it :( With this challenge to myself and by posting it here, therefore to be held accountable, I think I might actually get something done.

On my list??

Flowers and headbands *Due by May 6th (my friend at Sweetie Bug Creations) offered me some of her table space if I wanted it)... These will be all of my own creation, probably using embroidery floss so that they are not too thick/warm for summer wear. The following pics are the first editions of these:





Potholders/oven mitts of some kind *Right now, we're using cut up denim to remove pans from the oven... cheap and handy, but let's face it, not the most practical.

Something Rainbowy *This one's all for me. I've had a stack of yarn for WELL over a year now, bought especially for me, that I haven't done a darn thing with because I want the *perfect* project. I've decided to H-E-double-hockey-sticks with it, I just need to get something going. If I have to frog it all once I start, at least I've started.

So, wish me luck. I will hopefully be updating soon :)

Oh... I also have a post in the works of all the Unfinished Projects I have laying about. And I guess that should be item four on my list... Finish all that has been started!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a creative blog! I'm so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love those red-and-black-and-white flowers! Such a good colour combination, and unexpected (in an awesome way) for a floral headband!

    I've been trying to crochet every day since March (which was National Crochet Month), with...semi-success. There are definitely days when I just did a few rows to say I'd done it and didn't really accomplish anything, but it's nice to just pick up the hooks and yarn every day. I hope you have an awesome crocheting-May. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia- Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. There were SO many awesome blogs in the A to Z challenge, I'm glad you found something you like here!!

    Kathleen- the red/white/black headband was made to match an outfit my daughter has! You are totally right though, the colours are unexpected, but they work really well:)I can definitely see myself in a similar boat as you- crocheting just enough to say something's been done, but something is better than nothing, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)